#1 2012-04-05 16:40:20

artal

TAC - Trouble executing a job in job conductor

Tags: [bug, commandline, jobs, svn, TAC]

Hi,

On a fresh TAC install, with svn, commandline, job server, running, i created a job conductor and a task, based on a job commited previously with the whole father project.

When the task is triggered i have an error : "Failed to login to commandline".

After retreiving commandline logs, i notice this :

D:\TalendApp\Talend-4.2.3\cmdline\studio>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_2
5\bin\java.exe" -Xms64m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -jar plugins/org.eclipse.
equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar -nosplash -application org.talend.commandli
ne.CommandLine -consoleLog -data commandline-workspace startServer -p 8002

!SESSION 2012-04-04 12:28:03.984 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_25
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=fr_FR
Framework arguments:  -application org.talend.commandline.CommandLine startServe
r -p 8002
Command-line arguments:  -application org.talend.commandline.CommandLine -consol
eLog -data commandline-workspace startServer -p 8002

!ENTRY org.talend.commandline 1 0 2012-04-04 12:28:07.043
!MESSAGE Starting up Command Line Application
talend>
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 2 0 2012-04-04 12:30:09.119
!MESSAGE 2012-04-04 12:30:09,118 WARN  org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExcept
ionHandler  - org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: Failed to add f
ile '.project': an unversioned file of the same name already exists

!STACK 0
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.
ClientException: svn: Failed to add file '.project': an unversioned file of the
same name already exists
        at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnEclipseHandler.checkOut(Unknown
Source)
        at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.initBranch
Folders(Unknown Source)
        at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.beforeLogo
n(Unknown Source)
        at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegate
Ö

I already tried to delete the commandline-workspace, but with no success, the error is always there at any job execution.

What can be the origin of the problem ?

Rights issues on the system ?? Initial svn commit trouble ?

Thank you.

Joan, from Artal.

#2 2012-04-06 03:44:50

pedro

Re: TAC - Trouble executing a job in job conductor

Hi Joan

Welcome to Talend Community!

Code:

svn: Failed to add file '.project': an unversioned file of the same name already exists

It seems that you didn't configure SVN correctly.
You'd better follow the steps of the document [TalendEnterprise_DI_IG_xxx_EN.pdf] Chapter 3.

Regards,
Pedro

Only Paranoid Survive.

#3 2012-04-06 15:37:10

artal

Seems to be done correctly, i can navigate with a browser, i can choose a job to run in the tac administration, i can navigate with tortoise, commit, revert etc...

So i decided to test another thing, i removed the project, deleted the folders and so on. Now i create back the project, check the connection, ok.

Now i got an empty project, i open tis, choose remote project, check url, ok, i choose my project, my trunk branch and i open it. It works.

So i try to import the initialy exported local items into this remote project but, right click on repository entries are not  enabled, nor the menu entry in files. In addition i cannot create a job, i don't have the contextual menu.

I am certainly missing something obvious, but which ?

Thank you.

#4 2012-04-09 04:25:13

pedro

Hi

You'd better check the role of this login account in TAC.
It should be Designer or Operation Maneger instead of Viewer.

Regards,
Pedro

Only Paranoid Survive.

Board footer