You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

#1 2008-08-12 20:24:48

gmdavidson62
1 post

monitoring and parsing application files

Tags: [monitor, parse]

We have the need to monitor text files, parsing out strings which match specified patterns.  Those strings need to be loaded into a database.  We have thought about writing our own tool, but are hoping there is some open source alternative.  Can anyone tell me if this project has a framework for monitoring and parsing flat files?
Thanks!!

#2 2008-08-12 21:57:26

Volker Brehm
1139 posts

Re: monitoring and parsing application files

Hello,

if you would just like to wait for a new file, I think there is a component (or at least a simple workaround).
If you would like to monitor changes to a file there is actual no real solution for this. For myself I thought often creating a component for this but actual do not get the time to do it.

My idea was to use the existing tFileInputRegex and change the reading of the file by a java tail functionality "java tail" in google will give many possible implementations.

Bye
Volker

#3 2010-01-23 14:16:36

patience
3 posts

Re: monitoring and parsing application files

HFM.NET  I'm trying it out right now. I quite like that it displays the time per frame. One little issue that I have with it though is that the height of the log file display can't be adjusted. It would be nice if you could add in that functionality. Aside from that, it seems to be working great

buy r4

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy