You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-01 08:34:47

vianoc
16 posts

tSAPInput in TOS 3.1.3

Hello,

i updated to TOS 3.1.3 and tried to use the tSAPInput-component.

There are several things i do not understand (in comparison to the tSAPInput from 3.1.1).
The "Extract datas" area of 3.1.1 was changed into an "Outputs" area in 3.1.3 with different functionality.
My Question is: How can i extract the data from one field, returned by a RFC?

The RFC_READ_TABLE for example returns (among others) a table called "DATA" which contains a field called "WA".
"WA" contains all the data of the SAP-table which is read with the RFC.

In 3.1.1 i could define "DATA" as the extraction-table and "WA" as a Parameter to extract (see screenshot 1).
In 3.1.3 the prompt "ParameterName" is replaced by "Mapping" in the "Outputs" area (see screenshot 2).
What do i have to do, to extract the data from the "WA" field of the "DATA"-table and what is the "Mapping" good for?

There is another issue:
If i connect the tSAPInput with another component (tLogRow for example) i always get the error "the output schema/link named "out" has no column defined, please check it" in 3.1.3. But i can't define a schema for the "out" row (see screenshot 3) and i have defined one for the output of the tSAPInput-component.

Can somebody help?

Last edited by vianoc (2009-07-01 08:39:28)

#2 2009-07-01 11:46:16

shong
Talend Team

Re: tSAPInput in TOS 3.1.3

Hello
On TOS3.1.1, you can only iterate one of output tables. See [Feature] 5987.
On TOS3.1.3 or greater, it can iterate multiple output tables, one schema for one output table. Please see my screenshots.

Best regards

shong

Email:shong@talend.com
Choose Talend, Enjoy Talend!
New & Event: Talend Help Center
Talend-->the global leader of open source data management and application integration solutions!

#3 2009-07-01 11:57:27

vianoc
16 posts

Thanks for the reply.

Right now i am trying to test this, but the problem remains, that the tSAPInput-component has this error:
"the output schema/link named "out" has no column defined, please check it".
But i can't link a schema to it.

Even if i delete the linked output-row, the error stays, as if it was only deleted in the gui and not in the code (see attached screenshot).

Last edited by vianoc (2009-07-01 12:08:59)

#4 2009-07-01 13:44:12

shong
Talend Team

Hello
Have you added at least one schema? Please upload a screenshot of basic setting of tSAPInput

Best regards

shong

Talend-->the global leader of open source data management and application integration solutions!

#5 2009-07-01 14:40:24

vianoc
16 posts

Here it is (including the used schema).

Kind regards,

Christian

#6 2009-07-02 03:31:37

shong
Talend Team

Hello

"the output schema/link named "out" has no column defined, please check it".

I can reproduct this error, if I add a new schema but don't add some columns. So, we must add some columns in a schema.
From the last image, I see you have deleted the out schema, now you can link the Data schema to tLogRow, after do this, the warning message will disappear.

Best regards

shong

#7 2009-07-02 09:55:58

vianoc
16 posts

It works now, but when i delete components, i often get errors from rows which should have been deleted with the corresponing component.

I think for now i will stick with 3.1.1.

Thank you, nevertheless.

Kind Regards,

Christian

#8 2009-07-07 00:46:23

AM

Hi Shong,

It appears the latest docs (UG+RG) are not updated with TOS3.1.1 changes. Appreciate if you could you please provide a working example of using the tSAPInput and tSAPOutput components?

Regards,

#9 2009-10-01 00:02:04

gatigossou
Talend Team

Please, get the examples of two jobs using the RFC_READ_TABLE and BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL with tSAPInput component at Use tSAPInput

Last edited by gatigossou (2009-10-01 00:03:41)

GAT,
Thank you for your support

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy