You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-27 05:47:39

petere
6 posts

Help with tSAPInput

Tags: [java, tsapinput]

Hi,
I wonder if there is anyone who can assist me with the use of the tSAPInput component?
I am using TOS, so don't have access to the Wizards to assist me.
Currently I can establish a connection to our SAP system, but that's about it.
At this stage all I really want to be able to do is extact some of the more common SAP table structrures to aid us with out forthcoming data migation task.
I've tried to follow the instructions in the Talend Reference Guide as much as I can, but as this is geared around using the Wizards this is a bit akward to do, also the documentation doesn't appear to align up with the most recent TOS release - 3.1.3.
In Screen shot one you can see how I've set the parpameters. I think I've got the initialize input correct, but I'm very confused over how to set up the Outputs? There doesn't seem to be any documentation on how to set this up. If someone can explain it to me I'd be happy to contribute to the project and create some.
Screen shot two shows the error message I get when I try to run the job.
I think TOS is a great tool and have demonstrated  the simple jobs I've done in it to a few peole now, and all who have seen it have been impressed, exspecially when I tell them that they can get it for free! Though I then feel the need to explain to them atcually it's not free, but open source and how that all works. Hence my offer to try and help by provinging some documentation once I know how to do it.

If anyone can shed any light on the set up, use and tips for using the tSAPInput connector I'd really be greatfull.
Many thanks Peter..

#2 2009-08-27 05:59:47

shong
Talend Team

Re: Help with tSAPInput

Hello
Yes, the user doc is old and it still is not updated for the TOS3.1.3. The SAP component since TOS3.1.3 have been changed a little, I explain some info in http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7217.

Best regards

shong

Email:shong@talend.com
Choose Talend, Enjoy Talend!
New & Event: Talend Help Center
Talend-->the global leader of open source data management and application integration solutions!

#3 2009-08-27 06:04:05

petere
6 posts

Re: Help with tSAPInput

Yes I looked at this in detail, but I'm still confussed.
I see you have to use the output area to somehow define how to intepret the data being returned, but I can't work out where you find out the infomation to set up the structure in the correct fashion.
Cheers.

Board footer