You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-19 12:48:40

kulmar
8 posts

kulmar said:

[resolved] Change database Input/Output components globally

Hi
Is there a way to change database components (eg tAS400Input, tAS400Output) to another database (eg MS SQL Server) globally, in 'one click'? I have jobs created for AS400 database, about 300 tables covered and I want to convert components in those jobs to cover MS SQL Server. Can you do this in Talend the way you change a Db Connection that propagates the changes to all jobs?
BR
Marcin

#2 2016-07-20 04:35:26

xdshi
Talend Team

xdshi said:

Re: [resolved] Change database Input/Output components globally

Hi,
Could you please take a look at talend context feature to see if it is what you are looking for?
Here is a scenario in component reference tcontextload.
Best regards
Sabrina

What we can do is to make sure that Talend will be your best choice!

#3 2016-07-20 13:33:38

kulmar
8 posts

kulmar said:

Thanks for your answer xdshi.
If I understood the documentation for tContextLoad correctly it only changes the parameters of a specific data component eg. host, database library and so on. It does not change a component for example tAS400Input into a component tMSSqlInput. Am I right? Because this is what I'm looking for.
BR
Marcin

#4 2016-07-21 08:42:24

xdshi
Talend Team

xdshi said:

Hi,

tContextLoad correctly it only changes the parameters of a specific data component eg. host, database library and so on.

tContextLoad can be used to load value of context variable from properties file.

For your requirement, so far there is no such an option that changing  database components to another database globally, in 'one click.
Best regards
Sabrina

What we can do is to make sure that Talend will be your best choice!

#5 2016-07-25 14:06:08

kulmar
8 posts

kulmar said:

OK, thanks for information.
I managed to replace the AS400 entries directly in the scripts code. Seems it worked fine.

#6 2017-03-20 09:14:31

rajmhn
54 posts

rajmhn said:

Hi Kulmar,
I'm looking for the same. Need to convert the tpostgressql component to tpostgressqlplus component in 40-50 jobs. Can you please help me, how you managed to changed the component in code without talend UI?
Thanks

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy