You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2007-09-26 07:56:22

pico
32 posts

pico said:

CLOB type and Oracle DB

Tags: [bug, clob, java, oracle]

Hi,

I have a very simple job to do.
I want to copy all data from 1 Oracle schema to an other schema (tOracleInput --> tMap --> tOracleOutput).
The problem is that one column is of type CLOB.

With TOS 2.1.4/Java, I have the following error :

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
Exception in component tOracleOutput_1
java.sql.SQLException: Type de colonne non valide
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:125)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:162)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:227)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.get_internal_type(OracleStatement.java:3150)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.setNullInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3665)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.setNull(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3653)
	at eworkarchiver.copy_of_testreaddata.Copy_of_TestReadData.tOracleInput_1Process(Copy_of_TestReadData.java:1061)
	at eworkarchiver.copy_of_testreaddata.Copy_of_TestReadData.runJob(Copy_of_TestReadData.java:1267)
	at eworkarchiver.copy_of_testreaddata.Copy_of_TestReadData.main(Copy_of_TestReadData.java:1211)

I have do exactly the same job in perl, it's ok (CLOB in perl is a string 4000).

Is it a bug with the JAVA version ?

Thanks for the great tool ... and for your help ! smile

Last edited by pico (2007-09-26 07:59:45)

#2 2007-09-28 10:45:53

JuEs

JuEs said:

Re: CLOB type and Oracle DB

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem has pico. So i need to "backup" datas from an oracle table (source) to a oracle table (destination) who is in an other schema. My problem is that is use CLOB in my table and the Map Component convert this CLOB in an Object Type who cause problem in job i have to do. Note that in Perl work well why a string 4000 is used but i have some CLOB who exced 4000 byte!

Hope this bug will be fixed as soon as possible.

Regards

Juan

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy