You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

#1 2011-07-25 23:27:31

bnem
10 posts

[resolved] Job Conductor NullPointerException on task generation

i am runnig TIS 4.1.2 r53616 on Windows 7 64-bit. My project is a remote project. The TAC is running on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit.

this is related to post #4 of topic 15118

i am receiving this error accompanied with the following text from the CommandLine execution history:

Id:  2 child of 4
Origin:  Generate job script for task 'Downloads_1'
Command:  ExportJobCommand
Detail:  Download context irms version 0.1
Time:  2011-07-25 17:07:35
Info: 

java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.talend.commandline.util.CodeGeneratorHandler.init(Unknown Source)
    at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessor.generateCode(Unknown Source)
    at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessor.exportJob(Unknown Source)
    at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExportJobCommand(Unknown Source)
    at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(Unknown Source)
    at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(Unknown Source)
    at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(Unknown Source)
    at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:71)

i have tried many different things... it seems it is related to the context i have selected. the error suggests to me that it can't find the context names 'irms' but it does exist. not really sure where to go from here.

#2 2011-07-26 03:42:25

shong
Talend Team

Re: [resolved] Job Conductor NullPointerException on task generation

Hi bnem

Please report a support ticket and send us the job, so that our support team can help you further.

Best regards
Shong

Email:shong@talend.com
Choose Talend, Enjoy Talend!
New & Event: Talend Help Center
Talend-->the global leader of open source data management and application integration solutions!

#3 2011-07-26 15:04:17

bnem
10 posts

Bug # 0023514

i apologize if this was not the way to submit a support ticket... please point me in the right direction if i was in error, thanks...

#4 2011-07-27 02:25:17

shong
Talend Team

Hi
You should report a associated ticket in Talend support portal.
http://www.talend.com/support/customer.pl

Best regards
Shong

Email:shong@talend.com
Choose Talend, Enjoy Talend!
New & Event: Talend Help Center
Talend-->the global leader of open source data management and application integration solutions!

#5 2011-07-28 15:04:46

bnem
10 posts

found the problem. turns out that the consultant sent by talend (for training and setup) somehow screwed up the command line. It was configured to run as a service but was not configured in the registry to run the TIS* executable. It was configure to run some jar file that supposedly was what the TIS* executable was calling anyhow. My guess is that the jar file was not the 64-bit version if the jar. I change the registry to use the TIS*x86_64.exe file and all is good now.

Board footer